..... Every Child and Youth Living Life at Their Full Potential.
At Grandview Kids, we provide family-centred paediatric treatment, rehabilitation services and specialized programs, services and supports to children and youth with communication, physical and developmental needs and their families. We are dedicated to every child and youth living life at their full potential, fostering development, growth and personal achievement for the children and youth, their families and for our staff members. Our team-oriented approach supports our staff to collaborate, share ideas, and work with a variety of professional disciplines in a stimulating environment with an exceptional variety of opportunities in the field of paediatric rehabilitation.
The next three years will be a period of unprecedented growth as we complete a major capital expansion: building the New Grandview.
If you are looking for a career that offers personal and professional rewards, a once in a lifetime expansion project opportunity and one that makes a real difference and impact in the lives of others, then Grandview Kids is the place for you! We are excited to begin accepting applications to join in the position:
- 37.5 hours/week – Contract Full-Time
- December 2021 – May 2022
Summary of Duties:
Under the general direction of the Clinical Manager, the Occupational Therapist completes an assessment of clients referred for occupational therapy service and identifies problem areas; establishes written treatment goals and plans to address client problem areas (which may include use of Applied Behaviour Analysis Principles and Strategies); provides direct and indirect client care in accordance with the treatment plan; evaluates the impact of occupational therapy intervention on identified problems; maintains communication with all other team members regarding client care; participates with other organizations within the community; documents occupational therapy involvement in client care; oversees activities in the occupational therapy area which may be carried out by the Therapy Assistant; ensures that the environment of the occupational therapy treatment area meets client’s needs; maintains clinical competence; maintains communication with all other staff members; supports departmental/Centre efforts in Quality Management activities, as required; participates in education, orientation and public relations, as required; maintains a safe work environment; performs designated administrative duties; performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with College of Occupational Therapists.
- 2 years’ experience in a related (paediatric) clinical setting.
- Knowledge of occupational therapy assessment and treatment principles related to paediatrics.
- Knowledge of home renovations, complex equipment, and transition to adult services required.
- Knowledge of equipment, adaptive devices and standardized tests.
- ADP Authorizer or eligible preferred
- Well-developed communication skills including verbal, non-verbal, negotiation, presentation and listening skills.
- Specialized knowledge of paediatric disabilities (e.g. Cerebral Palsy, Autism Spectrum Disorder).
- Knowledge and experience in implementing principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis an asset
- Experience supporting children with sensory processing difficulties
- Strong consultation and conceptual analysis skills.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities and time management.
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and reliable vehicle, or appropriate transportation.
- Bilingual (French) is an asset
This position is a member of the bargaining unit which is represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union, and as such will be bound under the terms of the collective agreement.
Please forward your resume and clearly state Job 21.137 no later than 5:00 pm on December 10, 2021 to:
Human Resources Manager
Grandview Kids, 600 Townline Road South, Oshawa ON, L1H 0C8
Website: www.grandviewkids.ca E-mail: email@example.com
Grandview Children’s Centre aims to be deliberate in our consideration of diversity, defined as differences in race, colour, place of origin, religion, immigrant and newcomer status, ethnic origin, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and age. Recognizing and valuing diversity and equity must be accompanied by concerted efforts to ensure the inclusion of diverse and underrepresented populations, meaning that individuals must be and feel valued, respected and equally supported. We invite applicants in the above defined areas to apply.
Grandview Children’s Centre is committed to complying with all applicable standards as set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). If you have accessibility needs and require alternate formats or other accommodations please contact us.
Please note that all prospective Grandview Kids employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including full and ongoing Covid-19 vaccinations, as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment. We will make accommodations based upon documented medical or creed exemption in accordance to the Ministry of Health and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants who require accommodations for disabilities or other specific grounds need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources.
Grandview is proud to acknowledge the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, which is covered under the Williams Treaties. We are situated on the Traditional Territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, which includes Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.