About the Physical Therapy Program
The School of Rehabilitation Therapy offers a twenty-four month program in Physical Therapy leading to a professional Master of Science in Physical Therapy MScPT degree. The Physical Therapy program prepares students to enter the physical therapy profession by supporting them to achieve the competencies required for physiotherapy practice. Students will leave the program prepared to work in various practice settings including public, private, and community settings. They will be prepared to provide client-centered interprofessional physiotherapy care for clients across the lifespan.
Our graduates are improving the health and wellness of individuals and communities.
Our Mission is to inspire our learners to excel as competent and compassionate physiotherapists through transformative education, research, student experiences, and collaborative partnerships.
Innovation: using creativity to advance new ideas and methods of education and research;
Citizenship: upholding the responsibility to use teamwork and to develop collaborative partnerships with each other and our communities;
Evidence: developing, identifying, and utilizing the best available information for decision-making;
Respect: acting with honesty and integrity, and appreciating the uniqueness of all individuals;
Inclusion: actively engaging with diversity, valuing each person and giving everyone the opportunity to thrive in our community.
- To admit a diverse and highly qualified group of students.
- To develop and implement an innovative curriculum based on best evidence in teaching, learning, and physiotherapy practice.
- To promote a healthy and enriching student experience.
- To foster impactful research that advances the physiotherapy profession and benefits the communities we serve.
- To develop and sustain collaborative relationships with our stakeholders.
- To graduate compassionate and competent entry-level physiotherapists, ready for practice.