Do you value independence, flexibility, and the opportunity to work with diverse patient populations?
CommuniCare Therapy has been working with Independent Contractor Occupational Therapists for over 25 years. At CommuniCare, Occupational Therapists have the opportunity to work in the patient’s most important environment – their home or school.
CommuniCare Therapy is a therapist owned and operated accredited company based in Ottawa- Carleton and proudly serving the Eastern Ontario region since 1992. More than 140 clinicians comprise our dynamic team of, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Registered Dietitians and Social Workers.
CommuniCare is a service provider for Local Health Integration Networks and the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
We have immediate opportunities for Occupational Therapists to work part time or full time in the following programs:
Pediatric Services: School-based & In-home based care in the following locations:
- Champlain Region:
- Ottawa – bilingualism preferred
- North Lanark North Grenville – bilingualism an asset
Adult Services: Home & Community Care Support Services
- Champlain Region:
- North Lanark North Grenville – bilingualism is an asset
- Eastern Counties (Prescott/Russell, Dundas and Cornwall) - bilingualism is required
- South East Region:
- Brockville & surrounding areas
- Gananoque, Westport
- Perth- Smiths Falls
- Elgin, Delta & surrounding areas
Opportunities for mixed adult/pediatric caseloads available.
As an Independent Contractor Occupational Therapist with CommuniCare you can expect:
- Flexibility to set your own schedule
- Control of your own caseload with the choice of casual, part time or full-time equivalents
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- Support to access resources
- Continuous peer support, even while on the road
- Competitive remuneration including opportunities for tax deductions
All applicants require the following:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Occupational Therapy
- Membership (or eligibility for) with College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
Anticipated Start Date: as soon as possible
All PPE is provided by CommuniCare Therapy and COVID protocols are strictly adhered to.
CommuniCare Therapy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
CommuniCare Therapy complies with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please submit your resume by e-mail to:
ATTN: Tracy Halliday