Physical Therapy Students complete five clinical placements, each 6 weeks long.
By the end of the Program, the PT students must have completed 1050-1200 hours total in the following:
|1||Rehabilitation/Long Term Care placement|
In addition, each student must acquire significant experience in each of the following essential areas of practice:
- Cardiovascular and respiratory conditions
- Neurological conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Significant experience in each area may be gained during one clinical placement, or through components of multiple placements.
- A minimum of 100 hours should be completed in each of the essential areas of practice (msk, cardio resp, and neuro)
- Hours of experience in cardio-respiratory, musculoskeletal and neurological will be accumulated and recorded across the 5 clinical placements using the Clinical Competency Checklist and Placement History Tracking Sheet.
Occupational Therapy Students complete three clinical placements, each 8 weeks long and one community development placement (185 hours).
By the end of the program, the OT students must have successfully completed the following:
|Mental Health||1 placement|
** for the other 2 placements the student is exposed to various areas of occupational therapy practice. The program encourages students to develop their skills in a variety practice settings/contexts.
The School is able to support a variety of different models for clinical placements.
|1:1||One student and one therapist|
|1:2||One student and two therapists (sharing the supervisory role); this may also be supported between two sites|
|2:1||Two students supervised by one therapist|
|Part time||Placement dates can vary|
Our fieldwork coordinator(s) or academic coordinator(s) of clinical education are interested to assist you to support clinical learning at your site.