TITLE: PHYSIOTHERAPIST: REGULAR FULL-TIME
DEPARTMENT: CHRONIC PAIN
HOURS OF WORK: DAYS
RATE OF PAY: $36.51-$45.77 PER HOUR
UNION: OPSEU 442 Non Central
LOCATION: HOTEL DIEU HOSPITAL SITE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Physiotherapist provides services in a manner consistent with HDH Mission, Vision and Values and that reflects the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation, and collaboration); practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and ethical values as defined by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario; works as a member of a high functioning interdisciplinary healthcare team (anaesthesiology, neurology, nursing, psychology, social work and occupational therapy) to promote and foster a culture of understanding and compassion with a large patient population suffering from diverse chronic pain symptoms; works to promote, restore and improve the patient’s independence, understanding of chronic pain and their role in its self-management; assist in the development of strategies to promote wellness and increase quality of life through education, specialized programming and a holistic approach to care towards the effort of reducing emergency department visits, hospital admissions and specialist referrals; consults and communicates effectively with professionals, support personnel and other community agencies; participates in and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centred environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives. The Physiotherapist will also have the opportunity to engage in teaching, research.
- Master of Science Degree in Physical Therapy/Physiotherapy or equivalent.
- Current Certification of Registration in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, or eligibility for registration in Ontario.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support at the Health Care Provider Level.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience as a Physiotherapist.
- Minimum of one year clinical experience in Chronic Pain or related field.
- Demonstrated competency and experience with an appropriate range of chronic pain assessments and evidence based therapeutic implementations.
- Experience delivering self-management interventions that focus on behavioural activation, goal-setting, and active rehabilitation strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying and implementing care plans, program development, and group education.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team, to collaborate with community resources and services, to liaise with primary healthcare teams, and to advocate for the needs of clients.
- Demonstrated compliance with the ethical and professional practice standards of the profession.
- Innovative, independent problem solving and analytical thinking ability.
- Passion and willingness to engage in student healthcare professional learning opportunities (e.g. supervision of MScPT students, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation including: Personal Health Information Protection Act, Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA), Public Hospitals Act, Copyright legislation, Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload.
- Proven good attendance record.
- Experience in an ambulatory care environment.
- Experience in Mental Health
- Teaching experience
- Demonstrated skills and experience with research related to Chronic Pain.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills required for assessment reports, scholarly presentations, and scholarly publications.
- Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French
All candidates will be assessed in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TO EXTERNAL APPLICANTS. QUALIFIED INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO APPLY.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Department
Application link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=…