Thames Valley Family Health Team
Occupational Therapist 0.6 FTE
The Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest Family Health Teams (FHT) in Ontario. With more than 115 physicians across 19 sites within London/Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive, collaborative primary health care to over 158,000 patients.
Our team includes nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, pharmacists, dietitians, occupational therapists and other health care professionals who work with physicians as an interdisciplinary team to provide patient centred care. For more information about our organization, please visit www.thamesvalleyfht.ca.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts comprehensive assessments using interview, standardized tests and/or guided observation skills to obtain relevant health information and to identify factors influencing occupational performance.
- In collaboration with patient, physicians and other IHP’s, develop appropriate client-centred treatment plans and provide individual and/or group interventions designed to maximum performance of ADL.
- Refer to and work in partnership with community agencies and providers to support care.
- Educate and assist patients to identify appropriate community resources, programs and government services.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and collaboration with interdisciplinary healthcare professionals.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with college standards.
- Participate in program and resource development in collaboration with Therapy team.
- Diverse case load across the life span including but not limited to diagnoses such as dementia, chronic disease, chronic pain, and repetitive musculoskeletal injuries of the upper extremity.
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is preferred, with experience in numerous areas of Occupational Therapy practice
- Valid registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, time management, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated commitment to evidence-based practice
- Knowledge of and ability to mobilize community resources
- Flexibility in adapting to varying caseload needs
- Experience in the use of EMR, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license, valid car insurance with regular access to a reliable vehicle and willing to travel to TVFHT sites
TVFHT offers employees numerous benefits including enrollment in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), support for ongoing professional development, and extended health care plans for eligible employees.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email a cover letter and resume by December 8, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.