The School of Rehabilitation Therapy Distinguished Alumni Awards were established in 2013, thanks to the generous support of faculty member and Queen’s alumna, Diana Hopkins-Rosseel, MSc (Rehabilitation Science) ’92, and her husband, John Rosseel, BA (Artsci) ’81. The Awards recognize one graduate annually from each of the Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Rehabilitation Science programs who has made exceptional contributions to their chosen profession, field and/or community. Recipients are presented with their awards at the School's annual Homecoming Brunch.
To nominate an alumnus for this award please complete and submit the nomination form by June 15th.
The form can be downloaded here.
The award will be presented on the basis of the graduate's exceptional contributions to their chosen profession/field and/or their community. Recipients will be recognized for their contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Distinguished themselves, at home or abroad, and made a difference to the well-being of others
- Provided leadership and/or advocacy within their chosen profession
- Demonstrated an ongoing commitment to the education of rehabilitation students and/or graduates
- Advanced rehabilitation research and/or best practice
- Continued involvement with Queen's and/or the Queen's community
To obtain more information about the award, please contact the Director of the School of Rehabilitation Therapy Marcia Finlayson email@example.com.